Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very easy and quick recipe for all you mushroom lovers. I sometime add a 3.8 oz can of sliced black olives (drained) just for a change. I usually serve with crusty bread and a salad and a glass of wine. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb mushroom (any type you like)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (chablis, chardonnay, etc.)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) box macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in large skillet; add olive oil.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and red pepper flakes;saute over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add broth, wine, balsamic vinegar and bouillon cube to the mushroom mixture; increase heat to high cooking for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley and salt.
- While sauce is cooking, cook macaroni as directed on package; drain well and return macaroni to pot.
- Add mushroom sauce to macaroni and stir well; add cheese and toss to mix.