Recipe by wife2abadge
This is what we used to call goulash growing up. I have no idea where I got the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups beef stock
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups tomatoes, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain the macaroni and set aside.
- Spray the inside of a 4 qt cooking pot with nonstick spray and place over high heat.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, and celery; cook for 5 minutes, stirring to prevent burning.
- Add the beef and the next seven ingredients (stop after red pepper); cook for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the beef stock, tomato paste. and tomatoes.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the macaroni and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes if it's too soupy.