Recipe by KelBel
In my opinon, you can never have too many mac and cheese recipes. A slightly more sophisticated version of the classic macaroni and cheese. Don't worry the kids will still love it.
Top Review by Montana Ma
I'm giving this 5 stars based on ease of cooking and ingredients. I'm going to add cooked chicken breast chunks mixed with Frank's Hot Sauce and chopped celery to this to make it a buffalo chicken pasta - thanks for a great base dish!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄4 lb Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 lb gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium pot, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and the macaroni. Cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a colander, drain the macaroni and return it to the pot.
- Fold in the cheese, butter and half-and-half. Season with the pepper. Warm through.
- Garnish with chopped chives.