Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different twist on macaroni with cheese...
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup danish blue cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chives, minced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Cook macaroni by pkg directions, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet and saute mushrooms for 1 minute Add blue cheese and stir until melted.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice and simmer over low heat for 2 minutes Add macaroni, salt and pepper, mix thoroughly. Add Parmesan cheese and chives and stir and serve.
I loved this!! Definitely different but in a good way!!
We enjoyed this Mac with a difference! I love blue cheese, so that was a big appeal, I wondered if I was using enough cheese but actually it had wonderful flavour. I didnt have elbow macaroni so used penne instead. Will definitely make this tasty dish again, thank you iewe, made for ZWT9, Hot Pink Panthers On The Prowl
We really liked this Macaroni "and cheese". When I was making this, I thought the sauce looked too thin, but once I added the Parmesan it "gummed" up and turned out just right. We really liked the mushrooms, which turned out tender and delicious. Everyone really enjoyed the "tang" that this pasta had. I served it as a side dish, am sure I will be getting requests for this again. Thanks for another great dish iewe. Made for The Scandinavian round of ZWT9 for team Tasty Testers.