Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to use up leftovers from a "New England Boiled Dinner"! Any pasta noodle will do for this hearty combo of ham, cabbage and apple. This is definitely a comfort meal for the cold weather. Enjoy!
- Pour cooked macaroni into large bowl.
- In large nonstick pan heat olive oil.
- Add ham and cook until browned a bit.
- Remove ham from pan and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in the cabbage, apple, vinegar, and pepper.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Stir in the dill and ham.
- cook uncovered until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Pour mixture over macaroni and stir well.