Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 lb asiago cheese, grated
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 1⁄3 cup fresh chives
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large pot os salted wter to a boil over high heat.
- Cook pasta until al dente, 10-12 minutes.
- Drain; cool.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Melt 5 T of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add flour; cook, stirring, 3 minutes.
- Whisk in milk; raise heat to high.
- Heat to a boil, reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 6 minutes.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt red pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Pour sauce over pasta;mix.
- Add Asiago, 4 ounces of th Parmesan cheese, cheddar, parsley and chives; toss to mix.
- Pour into a buttered 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Mix bread crumbs with remaining Parmesan cheese in small bowl.
- Melt remaining 2 T butter in small saucepan; pour over bread crumbs.
- Toss to mix; sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake until crumbs are lightly browned and sauce is bubbling, 40-50 minutes.