Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Food and Wine Quick from Scratch Pasta Cookbook. The ricotta with sun dried tomatoes really makes this dish special. Any meat could be subbed for the salami, i.e. chicken, bacon, etc (or skip the meat alltogether). I added the parm with the ricotta and took off the heat. Different, but really good; not a "saucy" pasta, but really nice.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs summer squash (about four, sliced or cubed)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 lb salami, sliced and cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 lb elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- In large frying pan heat oil over moderately high heat. Saute squash, garlic, salt, and oregano until tender, about five minutes. Add ricotta, tomatoes, salami, and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions until al dente. Drain.
- Toss pasta with sauce. Top with parmesan.