Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy and affordable to make! This beats Tuna Helper anyday. From TOH Quick Cooking '99. (I usually double this when making.)
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni and cheese mix
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter (not spread or tub product) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (not spread or tub product)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) can canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- Stir in soup, tuna and milk.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This is very good and very rich. I am used to a dryer tuna noodle casserole. I like the cheddar flavor and the creaminess of this casserole. Very hearty and heartwarming for the colder months ahead.
A creamy, cheesy and rich casserole. I discovered I was out of milk (oops) and since I had already started the recipe, I wound up using fat free half & half. The cream of celery soup adds a distinctive flavor and I actually liked it better than using the usual cream of mushroom. I'm going to be using this as my base tuna casserole from now on, but will be adding a small can of peas since we love it that way. To us, this is also more than 4 servings since I served it with a salad, vegie and bread.