Recipe by Torgo, Esq.
I am Torgo. Not long ago, The Master asked for some macaroni & cheese and I made the boxed stuff. "By Manos," he said, "I'll have your hand for this!" Big mistake. I quelled his anger by whipping this up on the fly. This makes a nice-sized bowl for one, or two servings with other edibles.
Top Review by Sharon123
For being made on the fly and under so much pressure this was very tasty. I'm sure your hands are still intact and the master will keep you around! I have adopted you for Pick a Chef, so hope the master understands and will give you grace. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or what you will)
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes, rehydrated (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon wheat germ (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta as usual.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg, milk, hot sauce, salt-n-pepa, and the dry mustard. If using garlic powder, whisk it in, too.
- Drain pasta, return to pot, return pot to stove. Add butter and (once melted) add the liquid mixture, rehydrated onion flakes and cheese. Stir constantly over low heat until cheese melts. For extra nutrition (and texture), sprinkle some wheat germ on top of your steaming bowl of chow. Eat.