Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
I am Torgo. Not long ago, The Master asked for some macaroni & cheese and I made the boxed stuff. "By Manos," he said, "I'll have your hand for this!" Big mistake. I quelled his anger by whipping this up on the fly. This makes a nice-sized bowl for one, or two servings with other edibles.
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or what you will)
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes, rehydrated (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon wheat germ (optional)
- Cook pasta as usual.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg, milk, hot sauce, salt-n-pepa, and the dry mustard. If using garlic powder, whisk it in, too.
- Drain pasta, return to pot, return pot to stove. Add butter and (once melted) add the liquid mixture, rehydrated onion flakes and cheese. Stir constantly over low heat until cheese melts. For extra nutrition (and texture), sprinkle some wheat germ on top of your steaming bowl of chow. Eat.
For being made on the fly and under so much pressure this was very tasty. I'm sure your hands are still intact and the master will keep you around! I have adopted you for Pick a Chef, so hope the master understands and will give you grace. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
Mmmm....Torgo, your recipe for mac & cheese turned out delicious for dinner last night. Only thing different I did was to add a bit of American cheese along with the cheddar. Really though, Torgo, you really should make the Master's wives do more of the cooking, lazy cows just sit around all day in their diaphenous robes...(*shakes fist in air*). Thanks again for a great recipe!