Recipe by Darlene Summers
My husband likes this just as it is. I like it with a meal. It goes good with ham and beans or fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy--very versatile.
Top Review by Denise!
This is the dish I turn to when I want "comfort food"! I don't add the oregano or the parmesan cheese and my family calls this dish "Noodles and Tomatoes". I do add a bit more butter, heck...why not? It's comfort food! I highly recommend a great book, along with this dish and a glass of ice cold milk for lunch on Saturday. Delicious!
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauce pan heat tomatoes, butter, salt and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer; simmer 10 to 12 minutes stirring once or twice.
- Cook macaroni by package directions.
- Add cooked macaroni to tomato mixture. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on as to your taste.