Recipe by Seasoned Cook
Cheesy Goodness!!! Oh My, is this good! The cheese topping makes this soup! The ingredients make a winning combination for a hearty meal. As a side use crusty bread, ritz crackers or saltine crackers.
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
This is a very good soup, and I doubled the recipe. I too subbed the chicken broth for the water, but only added 1 teaspoon of the salt. I would suggest reducing the amount of elbow macaroni, or you'll end up with a goulash rather than a soup, so the next time I reheated the soup, I saute'd a bit of onion in some butter, then added another can of stewed tomatoes, another can of tomato sauce, another teasp of the Worcestershire sauce, another teaspoon of Italian seasoning, another 1/2 teasp of brown sugar, a 1/2 teasp of salt, and 2 more cups of the chicken broth. I enjoyed the shredded cheddar cheese ontop the soup. One more thing I forgot to add... I too cooked the macaroni separately, then added it to the soup. Thank you for the recipe Seasoned Cook!!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup elbow macaroni noodles
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onions. Brown ground beef and drain.
- Place onions and browned beef in a large stoup pot with lid. Add stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, macaroni noodles, worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, brown sugar, salt and water.
- Simmer on a low boil covered for 30 minutes until noodles are done.
- Place in serving bowls and top with cheese. (Soup must be hot enough to melt cheese.).
- Note: A can of diced tomatoes may be used, but the can with the label reading "stewed" is best. Also, noodles may be cooked, then added.