Recipe by Bluenoser
A recipe we experimented with and wanted to share.
Top Review by Saturn
We had 2 lbs. of ground beef so I doubled the recipe. It took twice as long to cook (naturally). The flavour was excellent. It fed my "growing boy" until he was stuffed. I loved how easy it was to prepare. My 9 year old son added all the remaining ingredients after I had browned the beef. Both of my sons said that they don't like onions. I went out and bought a medium white onion specifically for this dish. I put the whole onion in. They both knew that it was going in. But they both thought it was so good that they didn't pay attention to the onion once it was all cooked. This wasn't just a bland mix of pasta and sauce. It was full of flavour. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup raw macaroni
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet saute onion and ground beef until meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in tomato sauce ,macaroni and spices.
- Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover
- If sauce is too thick add water.
- Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese and a side salad if desired.