Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an easy salad for the summertime. My mom used to make this for us when we were kids. Cook time is chill time.
- 7 ounces macaroni
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) canof drained tuna in water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, more to taste
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (17 ounce) can sweet peas
- Cook macaroni according to package and drain.
- While still hot, drizzle with oil and vinegar.
- Add onion, seasonings, and cheese.
- Toss well.
- Gently mix in drained tuna, peas, celery, and mayo.
I made for a potluck. Everyone liked it. I added crushed garlic.