Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite tomato and cheese macaroni! Easy and fast to make - and very good! I sometimes replace the topping with shredded cheese. Adapted from a J. Paré recipe.
- 2 chopped onions
- mist oil
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded light mozzarella cheese
- salt, pepper
- 4 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Sauté onion in oil until soft.
- Add soup, water and cheese. Stir together until cheese is melted. Remove from heat. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until tender but firm. Drain. Put pasta in lightly greased 9x13 pan and add tomato soup mixture to pasta. Stir.
- Topping: melt margarine in saucepan or in microwave. Stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle all over. Bake, uncovered, in 350F oven for 30 minutes.
Easy to make and great flavor. I just think it was a bit dry. I used the breadcrumb/butter topping with some more cheese sprinkled on top. I enjoyed that topping. I will make this again, but I'm going to add some milk to moisten it up a little more. Thanx for sharing your recipe!
This is very good and oh so easy to make. It was great on a night when I didn't really feel like cooking but it would be good any night! My family enjoyed it with some crusty garlic bread. Made for Zaar Stars. Thanks for sharing.
This is the ultimate comfort food. As there are only three of us I havled the recipe. Imagine my kids delight to see two of their favorties put together--mac and cheese and tomato soup. We will for sure be making this again.