Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another one of my one dish meal favorites...an 'american chop suey' if you will, but with the amazing added tangy zip of Heinz57 sauce...Add a salad and dinner is served!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast or 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups water (hot but NOT boiling)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped (no salt added)
- 1⁄4 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup macaroni, raw (Ronzoni Whole Wheat Pasta)
- In a large skillet, saute ground turkey and onion in oil, then drain --.
- With the cooked turkey and the onion still in the skillet, stir in the water, tomatoes, Heinz57 sauce, sugar, salt (optional) and pepper --.
- Then add the macaroni and bring to a boil --.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and simmer UNcovered for 15-20 minute.
- Variation: Swap out the macaroni for another pasta such as, rotini or penne rigati.
This is good stuff. My mom used to make it when I was a kid. I was thinking about posting it myself, and here it is!