Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This dish so good and even tastes batter the next day, it's very filling! Adjust all spices to taste.
- 4 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 4 large Italian sausages, casings removed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans (cannellini beans)
- 1 cup elbow macaroni noodles
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (6 ounce) package baby spinach leaves
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Cook the macaroni in a pot of boiling salted water until firm-tender; drain.
- heat oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat, add in onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, saute for about 4 minutes.
- Add in ground beef and sausage meat, breaking up the meat with a spoon; cook for about 10 minutes) drain fat.
- Add in the diced tomatoes with juice, Parmesan cheese, chicken broth, season with salt and pepper, cover and simmer for about 45-50 minutes.
- Uncover and add in the beans and spinach; cook for another about 30 minutes (uncovered).
- Add/mix in the cooked pasta, the season again with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle more grated Parmesan cheese on top.