Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a colourful and tasty macaroni salad, can add in some hard-boiled eggs and/or chopped cooked ham also if desired, adjust all ingredient amounts to taste.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked until firm-tender
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 -2 large celery rib, cut in 1/4 inch dice
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup minced red onions or 1⁄3 cup use 2 green onion, chopped
- 1 -2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 cup frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl,combine mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, mustard, seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder; stir until blended.
- Remove about 1/4 cup dressing to a small container, cover and refrigerate.
- Add cooked macaroni, celery, carrot, red onion, tomato and peas to remaining dressing in a large bowl; stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate two or more hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, add reserved dressing to salad, stir to blend.