Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light, August 08. DH and I thought this was great! I served with lemon-grilled chicken. YUM!
- 8 ounces uncooked medium elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 4 cups chopped seeded tomatoes (about 6 tomatoes)
- 1 slice white bread
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Cover and chill.
- Combine vinegar, 1 T. basil, 3/4 teaspoons salt, sugar and red pepper in a large bowl. Add 2T. oil and 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic, stirring with a whisk. Add cooked pasta and tomato; toss well to coat.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Heat remaining 1 T. oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add bread crumbs and remaining 1/2 teaspoons garlic to pan saute 2 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in 1/8 teaspoons salt. Cool. Serve with pasta mixture and sliced basil.