Recipe by snapdragon928
My mom got a similar recipe from a grocer in our home town store; they made it in the back and sold it. It is a favorite of mine that makes me think of mom. Now I am doing it by memory, so you may have to adjust some things. Also, my mom did not use dash way back when, I don't think it was around, but she used it later. This was perfect for my father, who couldn't eat onions or peppers.
- 12 ounces Spam (my husband is a vegetarian so I use morningstar veggie hot dogs or Loma Linda lunch meat)
- 1 1⁄2 cups ham, can be used instead
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 cup celery
- 3 cups macaroni, dry
- 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 (32 ounce) jar mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brand seasoning
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon celery seasoning
- 1 -2 teaspoon parsley, dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the macaroni until tender, drain and cool.
- Chop up spam or what ever meat you are using.
- Chop celery as well.
- Add to macaroni.
- Drain the pineapple juice into a bowl to make the dressing.
- Put the pineapple in with the macaroni.
- Chop the cheese into half inch cubes. (I have used grated before, but I like the chunks).
- Take the spices and add them to the juice.
- Add about 3/4 of the jar of mayo into the juice and blend it together.
- Stir it into the macaroni mixture.
- Best if you chill it a few hours, then it may need more mayo as it soaks it up. It is really good.