Prep 25 mins
Cook 24 mins
A summer make ahead pasta salad.
- 8 ounces green olives, pitted, drained and chopped
- 1 cup nicoise olive, chopped and pitted
- 4 ounces pimiento strips, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 ounces genoa salami, thinly sliced and julienned
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced and julienned
- Several hours or a day ahead.
- In a large non-metal bowl, combine olives, pimiento, capers and parsley.
- Add oil, vinegar, and oregano.
- Toss to mix ingredients.
- Stir in pepper to taste.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature before using.
- Cook pasta.
- Drain in a colander, then add to olive oil mixture.
- Stir in lettuce, salami, and mozzarella.
- Toss ingredients to mix thoroughly.