Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
America's Test Kitchen
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, chopped fine
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup . minced sweet pickle
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Cook the macaroni in 4 quarts boiling water seasoned with 1 tablespoon salt, until thoroughly tender, 10-12 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the macaroni under cold water until cool.
- Shake out any excess water and spread evenly over paper towels to dry for about 3 minutes.
- Cover the macaroni with another layer of paper towels and roll the macaroni around to blot away any remaining moisture.
- Toss the macaroni with the remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Made for your Wk 6 Football Pool win, this recipe was picked by my DH & pronounced excellent after a bit of pers pref tweaking. I esp favour recipes that meet basic expectations & can be expanded to meet needs or pers pref. Except for using fresh cucumber (vs pickle as a DH pers pref), I made the recipe as written. On 1st taste test, we found it bland for us & in need of more texture. My additions included halved black olives, diced red bell pepper & 1 sml seeded & diced tomato. This would be a great all-occasion side-dish & also become an easy-fix luncheon entree w/the further addition of sml shrimp. Congrats on your Football Pool win & thx for sharing this sure-to-be-repeated recipe w/us.