Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is from a friend's sister. It is different with the sweetened condensed milk in it. Very tasty!!! Very easy, two important qualities to me. Not sure about the servings, so I guessed. Cooking time is chill time.
- 1 lb pasta, I use elbow macaroni, cooked cooled and drained
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1 carrot, grated
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar.
- Add milk and mayo.
- Add onion, pepper and carrot.
- Pour cooled macaroni into mixture and mix well.
- Chill for a few hours.
Thanks for posting this recipe! Reminds me of eating dinner at my grandmother's house. We use apple cider vinegar, 1/2 of an onion, and about 3 large grated carrots. Extra beta carotene never hurts.
This is one of my family's favorite.I make it with apple cider vinegar.