Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is from a friend, she made it for her 4th of July party and I just had to have the recipe. The great thing about it is that you can use as much or as little cheese, cucumbers and tomatoes as you like. I always add extra cheese. Something about the crispness of the cucumbers and the soft macaroni makes this so yummy!!
- 8 -10 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- diced cucumber
- diced tomato
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Cook macaroni to al dente, drain and cool.
- Add diced cucumbers, tomatoes and cheese.
- Mix together.
- Make dressing with mayo, milk and sugar.
- Pour over salad and stir until evenly coated.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
This is what I call macaroni salad. I don't like all that other stuff in it. This is a great recipe thanks.