Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I take this salad to a lot of picinics during the summer and it is always a big hit. I know it looks like a lot of ingredients, but it is really simple to assemble. I vary it with diced ham, turkey or chicken as well. The recipe is easy to double and the serving amount really depends on what you intend on having it for a side dish or a buffet type item.Enjoy!
- 158.51 ml sour cream (i use low fat)
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise (i use light here too)
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml sweet pickle relish
- 14.79 ml spicy brown mustard
- 1.23 ml white pepper (although black works fine here)
- 946.36 ml cooked elbow macaroni (about 8 oz uncooked)
- 236.59 ml sliced green onion
- 236.59 ml frozen peas, thawed
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese (i use reduced fat)
- 118.29 ml diced baby carrots
- 118.29 ml green pepper
- 118.29 ml sliced celery
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Add macaroni and remaining ingredients.
- Toss well to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 to 4 hours before serving.
A bit different than my usual macaroni salad. I liked all the vegetables in it, using red onion rather than green. I would shred the carrots next time as I'm not so good at dicing and my carrot pieces were just a bit too big. I added some seasoning salt and garlic powder for just a little extra flavor.
This salad was so easy and nice, but lacked any real WOW properties. We thought it should be somewhere between three and four stars, but I'm rounding up. Really, it was good and very simple to prepare. ~Jeff's Girl Way Out West
Delicious and different. Even some of my little nephews liked it. Thanks!