1/1 Photo of Macaroni Salad
I take this salad to a lot of picinics during the summer and it is always a big hit. I know it looks like a lot of ingredients, but it is really simple to assemble. I vary it with diced ham, turkey or chicken as well. The recipe is easy to double and the serving amount really depends on what you intend on having it for a side dish or a buffet type item.Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup sour cream (i use low fat)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (i use light here too)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (although black works fine here)
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni (about 8 oz uncooked)
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (i use reduced fat)
- 1/2 cup diced baby carrots
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- 2Add macaroni and remaining ingredients.
- 3Toss well to coat.
- 4Cover and chill for at least 2 to 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 340.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 16.7 g