Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious and creamy Mac Salad, which my son in law , and other friends tell me is yummy! I am one of those cooks who often uses my own judgement as to how much of whatever to add to a recipe, but also like to have specific directions when making anything new myself. I hope this turns out well for you
- 453.59 g elbow macaroni, boiled (Mullers is best, but all taste good)
- 354.88 ml Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 59.14 ml sweet relish
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 28.39 ml parsley
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 0.25 ml salt & pepper
- sprinke Italian spices (Basil, Oregano, Garlic,Marjoram...)
- 0.25 ml apple cider vinegar
- sliced green olives, to taste
- some chopped red pepper, is good as well
- chopped sweet onion, is also wonderful
- 1 hard-boiled egg, if you wish, though I do not usually include this
- You want this to be colorful, and to taste yummy, so use your imagination, and creativity with the ingredients I have suggested. Mix the macaroni and mayonnaise together first, and then add the other ingredients as you see fit.
- Many friends and family have told me how yummy this is:).
Needed to defrost the fridge so this looked like a great recipe to use up all the little odds and ends. I used bow tie pasta, 2 tsps dijon mustard and 1 packet chinese hot mustard, and everything else listed except the olives, red pepper and carrots. I would probably throw some red pepper next time but I didn't have any on hand. I have a feeling this is going to be our macaroni recipe from now on. Thanks!
Yabadaba-DOO! This is the top of the barrel, the top of the heap, the top dog, the top of the mountain, and "Best in Class". Easy as peasy to put together with many ingredients on hand. Use you imagination as the recipe author suggests, and you absolutely can't go wrong! I used all ingredients as described and served alongside some good ol' Maryland fresh blue crab claws. Can we all say, *Delish* I bet you can. Made for *Side Dishes* Photo Forum Novembre 2009