Recipe by Terri Crooks
A family favorite! I also use this simple but tasty dressing (The last 3 ingredients), for my potato salad and homemade tartar sauce for fish. (add a little hot sauce and Worcestershire for fish.) I really love potato, and sometimes I will make this with just the potato (diced small) and dressing. There is no salt and pepper because we prefer to add these to our own tastes on our plate!
Top Review by diner524
Yummy macaroni salad!! I made 1/4 of the recipe to have for lunches. I followed as written with two exceptions, I didn't add the green pepper (I am the only one in the family that likes it) or the sweet pickle relish. Really enjoyed this with some crackers!! This brought back memories of my Mother making this while growing up. Thanks for sharing made for Spring PAC 2010.
- 1 (16 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 10 ounces tuna fish (2- 5oz cans, chunk lite tuna in water)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper (diced)
- 1⁄3 cup onion (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (mashed)
- 2 cups mayonnaise (ONLY HELMAN'S will do here)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni, rinse, and drain well. (You want the macaroni as dry as possible).
- Put drained macaroni in a large bowl.
- Add green pepper, onion, celery, and mashed egg and stir.
- In a separate container, (I use old mayo jar so I can shake it up, and have a container to store any leftover dressing in). Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, and pickle relish till blended well.
- Pour all but about 1/4 cup of dressing on macaroni and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and enjoy! If salad is dry just add remaining dressing until desired consistency is reached!