Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious and versatile version of macaroni salad. Seafood or ham can be added to it. You can add some punch to it by adding chopped jalepeno peppers or you can make it more colourful by adding shredded carrots..it's up to you!
- 1⁄2 lb macaroni
- 1⁄2 lb Miracle Whip light
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (or 1/4 c chopped green pepper and 1/4 cup chopped red pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet gherkin
- 1 cup peas
- 1 can tuna or 1 can salmon or 1 can crab or 1 can shrimp, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- paprika (to garnish)
- Cook the macaroni.
- Drain and chill.
- Mix remaining ingredients except the dressing and garnish.
- If too thick, use a little pickle juice.
- Mix all together and add the dressing.
- Stir in chilled macaroni and toss till well coated.
- Chill overnight.
Very Good salad. I will do it for today. I am going to add 4 ounces whit cheese (Monterey) cubed to the salad. Thanks to the author and to recipezaar. Gladys/PR