Recipe by Camden Cook
Excellent creamy pasta side dish with crunch from celery and apple chunks. Make this dish the night before to accompany a picnic lunch. When packing for a picnic lunch I find it easy to store the salad in a large Ziploc bag, it leaves more room in the cooler for other goodies this way. The recipe was originally printed in Company's Coming - Weekend Cooking
Top Review by Boomette
This macaroni salad is very good. I was not sure of the pineapple in it but today I really like it (I made it yesterday). I used 1 cup of chopped celery, 1 cut chopped carrot, 1 green apple, no raisins. I omitted the garlic salt. Thanks Camden Cook. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag game.
- 2 cups of uncooked ellbow macaroni
- 8 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces (toasted)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot (grated)
- 1 cup green apple (peeled and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni in boiling water and salt in large uncovered pot for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender but firm. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain and put into a large bowl.
- Add next 7 ingredients and toss.
- Combine the next 5 ingredients in a small bowl then pour over macaroni mixture and toss until well coated.