Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
It is so delicious, we have it at all our parties, family gatherings and everyone ask me to make it for their parties, My grandma use to make it for us when we I was little and now I love to make and eat it.
- 1 lb salad macaroni
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 5 dill pickles
- 1 stalk green onion
- 3 celery ribs
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Boil macaroni and eggs.
- once macaroni comes to a boil drain it and rinse with cold water, put in your bowl,.
- cut pickles into small cubes,.
- cut celery finely chopped.
- cut chives about a 1/2 an inch (not the onion only chives),
- once eggs are done run cold water over them peel them and cut into small pieces or break it up with your hands over the bowl not to small or too big a little on the medium side,.
- add all ingredients together with mayo and seasoning salt.
- mix evenly
- cover and put in the refrigerator to chill for about 15-20 min then serve.
My husband and I both enjoyed this salad with dinner! I loved the black olives. I did leave out the eggs this time. And I used dill relish for the dill pickles. Thanks! Made for PAC Fall 2008. :)
This is a really good!! I made it yesterday morning and had it for dinner last night,. I did add more gree onions. I didn't have any celery so I used celery seed. I did put a little bit of pickle juice to thin the mayonnaise down a little bit and making it easier to stir into the macaroni. This is definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC (Pick-A-Chef) Fall '08.