This is an easy and low-fat pasta salad, enjoyable with grilled goods, on a picnic or even as side dish. If it has to be prepared beforehand, try to add the yoghurt and mustard shortly before serving, otherwise it gets dry. Preparation time does not include the time needed for cooking and cooling of the pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g elbow macaroni (or spiral pasta)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 cup gouda cheese, chopped into small pieces (best is middle-aged)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeds removed, chopped into tiny pieces
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup plain yogurt (low-fat, if desired)
- to taste pepper
- 1Boil macaroni one minute longer than the instructions say.
- 2Add vinegar and oil to pasta and mix well (this prevents them from sticking together later).
- 3Set pasta aside to let cool.
- 4Slice cucumber lengthwise to remove the seeds with a spoon. Then slice lengthwise into strips to chop into small pieces.
- 5Chop Onion, cucumber and cheese into small pieces.
- 6When pasta is cold, add chopped Onion, cucumber and cheese.
- 7Add yogurt and Dijon mustard and sprinkle with pepper.
- 8Mix well and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.4
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 60.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: