Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy and low-fat pasta salad, enjoyable with grilled goods, on a picnic or even as side dish. If it has to be prepared beforehand, try to add the yoghurt and mustard shortly before serving, otherwise it gets dry. Preparation time does not include the time needed for cooking and cooling of the pasta.
- 250 g elbow macaroni (or spiral pasta)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 cup gouda cheese, chopped into small pieces (best is middle-aged)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, seeds removed, chopped into tiny pieces
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup plain yogurt (low-fat, if desired)
- to taste pepper
- Boil macaroni one minute longer than the instructions say.
- Add vinegar and oil to pasta and mix well (this prevents them from sticking together later).
- Set pasta aside to let cool.
- Slice cucumber lengthwise to remove the seeds with a spoon. Then slice lengthwise into strips to chop into small pieces.
- Chop Onion, cucumber and cheese into small pieces.
- When pasta is cold, add chopped Onion, cucumber and cheese.
- Add yogurt and Dijon mustard and sprinkle with pepper.
- Mix well and enjoy.