Recipe by Battle in Seattle
A favorite of the boys I cook for once a week. It takes me back to the good ol' days where you could actually find good, homemade macaroni salad at your sandwich shop.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This is a nice salad. I did not think the olives would do much to the taste but was surprised after I tasted it again with the olives added. I may make just a little more of the dressing next time as it was just enough to cover it. Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag 2008* game
- 453.59 g elbow macaroni (can substitute orrechiette pasta)
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml white vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and small diced
- 107.72 g cansliced black olives
- 113.39 g medium cheddar, cubed 1/4-inch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta al' dente, according to directions. Rinse with cold water and drain very well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add bell pepper, olives and cheese, tossing well with dressing to coat well.
- Serve chilled--best after it's had a chance to meld, at least 2-3 hours.