Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A favorite of the boys I cook for once a week. It takes me back to the good ol' days where you could actually find good, homemade macaroni salad at your sandwich shop.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (can substitute orrechiette pasta)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and small diced
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 4 ounces medium cheddar, cubed 1/4-inch
- Cook pasta al' dente, according to directions. Rinse with cold water and drain very well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add bell pepper, olives and cheese, tossing well with dressing to coat well.
- Serve chilled--best after it's had a chance to meld, at least 2-3 hours.
This is a nice salad. I did not think the olives would do much to the taste but was surprised after I tasted it again with the olives added. I may make just a little more of the dressing next time as it was just enough to cover it. Made for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag 2008* game
I really liked this salad, I did not use the black olives and the cheddar cheese because I thought it would overpower the other ingredients. I left it sit overnight and the taste was excellent.