Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've played around with this for a while because I couldn't find another recipe I really liked. All the veggie amounts are estimate, I like lots and the different colors make it pretty.
- 3 cups dry elbow macaroni, cooked and well drained
- 3 stalks celery, sliced (or diced)
- 1⁄2-1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (fresh is best)
- Cook macaroni until tender. Drain well. Rinse under cold water until cooled.
- Cut all veggies and set aside.
- Mix mayo and Italian dressing until blended well. Add Parmesan cheese.
- If I'm eating this the same day I go ahead and mix it all together and let it meld for several hours.
- If I'm preparing ahead of time I toss the macaroni and veggies together with some extra Italian dressing, store the mayo mixture separately and combine the next day a few hours before I need it to keep it from drying out.