Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A light, slightly sweet pasta salad bursting with vegetables
- 2 cups cooked salad macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup cooked peas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine cooked macaroni, peas, carrots and celery.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar until smooth.
- Pour dressing over macaroni and mix well.
- Add cheese and mix again.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
This is a really good macaroni salad! I chopped the carrots instead of shredding, to add some extra crunch, otherwise made just as specified. I liked the dressing as it was different from the usual macaroni salad - almost like a cole slaw dressing - it went well with the veggie combination in this salad. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008
This is my FAVORITE macaroni salad! I think it's the dressing that makes it so great for me. It's sweet and creamy and a little tart. It's so easy to make, and easy to adjust to personal tastes. I usually leave out the cheese and use cucumber instead of celery. I have a friend who adds ham. Very easy and very delicious! Thanks MamaJen!
Very good and colorful macaroni salad. It has a nice crunch with those veggies and a bit of a tanginess. I did add some chopped onion and salt to pick up the flavor a bit. Thanx for a new macaroni salad!