Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great and simple side dish that I serve my family with burgers or tacos or other light dinners, sometimes I omit the pickles and the dill spice and substitute a mild curry spice for a different taste.
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, cooked,drained & cooled
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 cup medium cheddar, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup red relish
- 1 teaspoon rubbed dill
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper (or to taste)
- After macaroni is thoroughly cooled and drained, place in large bowl with all chopped veggies and cheddar.
- In a seperate bowl mix Miracle whip, relish and spices.
- Pour into pasta mix, and lightly toss together.
- Refrigerate til ready to use.
I just made this recipe, and it was EXACTLY what I had a taste for.....LOVE IT!!!!!
I love this recipe. I added more MIracle Whip because the noodles soak up a lot of it and I added just a little mayo. I excluded the carrots, instead I used frozen peas that I had on hand. I like to add ham or imatation crab meat to it too sometimes depending on what I have.
For some reason I never thought of adding cheese to a macaroni salad. This recipe set a light bulb off over my head. I used a sharper cheese and some salsa instead of the relish, and this was inhaled at a lunch full of guests on Saturday!