Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very delicious and easy to make. You can use elbow macaroni, bow tie pasta or penne pasta. You can add chicken, shrimp or tuna. It's good whatever you do, so you can be creative.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing or 3⁄4 cup creamy caesar salad dressing or 3⁄4 cup creamy Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, toss macaroni, celery, green pepper, onion, eggs, salt and pepper with the dressing and mayonnaise. Chill.
I like this recipe because it is EASY and I generally have the ingredients on hand. If I don't have green peppers, I use thawed green peas. Sometimes I don't bother to add eggs. The recipe is very forgiving. I think it's the dressing, which could be sweetened with a little sugar if desired, that makes it so good.