Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my oldie but goodie recipe from the back of the San Giorgio box. Never fails and is always a big hit. I usually double the recipe.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced onion, i use dehydrated onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 3 quarts water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- In a large pot bring 3 quarts water to a rolling boil.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- Gradually add dry elbow macaroni.
- Return to a boil.
- Boil uncovered 6-8 minutes.
- Drain well and rinse with cold water and drain again.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients.
- Place cooked macaroni in a large bowl and toss well with other ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate.
You can't go wrong with this classic crowd-pleasing macaroni salad! I made this according to the recipe and it's perfect. Nothing fancy, just good old macaroni salad. A picnic staple! Thanx for porting!
This has always been my favorite recipe and I was so glad that you posted it since it is not on the back of the box! I usually add extra eggs, and I put chopped cherry tomatoes in it too. It is great salad, and everyone always asks for the recipe! Thanks!