Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adopted recipe that I haven't had time to try. When I do sample it, I will make any comments or amendments that I feel are necessary.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces macaroni noodles
- 1 cup celery, cubed
- 1 cup bell pepper, cubed (red and green)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, cubed
- Cook the macaroni al dente and leave to cool.
- mix all ingredients for the sauce.
- mix veggies with macaroni and sauce.
- serve best at room temperature.
I liked it OK.My Mom thinks it needs more sugar and tart.I added more vinegar to my portion to thin the Mayo a little.Recipes can always be adjusted to your tastes and I liked this one OK.
Very good macaroni salad. Liked the extra tang that comes with the mustard. Liked the crunchy vegetable textures with the smooth macaroni. Excellent, quick to make and uses ingredients that are commonly on hand in your average kitchen.