Recipe by children from A to Z
I found this in a ground beef TOH book I have. This was very good. I used chive & onion cream cheese. This is so yummy, try it!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was a quick dinner to whip up. Made as written except with penne pasta. My DSs were not thrilled with it, but DH and I loved it. Will season the meat mixture a little more. Made for Lets P-A-R-T-Y 2011.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (6 ounce) cartonwhipped cream cheese with chives
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 -2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (I used only 2 tsp.)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- Add cream cheese; toss to until melted.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, salt and sugar; mix well.
- Spread over macaroni mixture.
- Combine egg and sour cream; spread over meat mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minute.