Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I combined two Ratatouille recipes from zaar to make this one my family enjoys. I can't even tell you which two recipes as I can't find the papers. So - if you recognize any of the ingredients as from your recipe - I thank you for your inspiration in creating a new family favorite for us! This recipe also freezes really well. Yield is approximate.
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1⁄2 lb hamburger (I used elk or deer)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sliced carrots
- 1 sliced celery
- 1 quart tomatoes, pureed
- 28 ounces beef broth
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- parmesan cheese, for topping if desired (optional)
- Spray dutch oven with vegetable spray.
- Cook meat, onion and garlic until meat is done.
- Add carrots, celery, tomatoes, broth, eggplant, oregano, salt, sugar, pepper, nutmeg and parsley.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- About 15 - 20 minutes before serving - add macaroni.
- Simmer until pasta is cooked.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
- * I served this with french bread.