Recipe by Kayakgirl in Anchorage, Alaska US
This is a great soup to warm you up on a winter evening. Great Italian flair with Eggplant.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, cut
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb eggplant, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage, onions, garlic and oregano. Spoon off fat.
- Put above mixture in large stock pot. Add tomato soup, broth, water, eggplant and pepper. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in macaroni, cook 10 minutes or until pasta is soft.
- Garnish with Parmesan Cheese and enjoy.