Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A lady at church made this and it is now a favorite of the family.
- 1 quart milk
- 4 ounces elbow macaroni
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- sour cream, for topping
- Heat milk in heavy saucepan (do not boil).
- Add macaroni, simmer uncovered for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Beat eggs; add sugar and beat until thick and lemon-colored.
- Combine egg mixture with milk ande macaroni; add flavoring and raisins.
- Pour into lightly buttered 2 quart baking dish. Bake at 300 degree for 45 to 50 minutes or until metal knife inserted in center of custard comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold with sour cream.
this was very good and exactly like the noodle kugels i have made, using macaroni instead of egg noodles. we enjoyed this as a side dish but it could also be served as dessert. made for zwt4.
YUMMMMM We thought this was delightful served hot out of the oven with sour cream on top. Easy comfort food...great as we are in winter now. (-: Made for Zingo, ZWT4. Thanks.
Am usually willing to try something new, & today this was it! I did round both the half cup of raisins & the measure of lemon zest & had a WONDERFULLY SATISFYING DESSERT! Thanks for sharing this recipe! [Made & reviewed in the Family Picks part of Zaar World Tour 4]