Recipe by Maryland Jim
A lady at church made this and it is now a favorite of the family.
Top Review by chia
this was very good and exactly like the noodle kugels i have made, using macaroni instead of egg noodles. we enjoyed this as a side dish but it could also be served as dessert. made for zwt4.
- 1 quart milk
- 4 ounces elbow macaroni
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raisin
- sour cream, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk in heavy saucepan (do not boil).
- Add macaroni, simmer uncovered for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Beat eggs; add sugar and beat until thick and lemon-colored.
- Combine egg mixture with milk ande macaroni; add flavoring and raisins.
- Pour into lightly buttered 2 quart baking dish. Bake at 300 degree for 45 to 50 minutes or until metal knife inserted in center of custard comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold with sour cream.