Recipe by Potatohead
A favorite family recipe that offers many possibilties for altering ingredients. I've made many variations of this depending on my ingredients at hand.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
This was very good! I made half the recipe (using the whole egg with good results) and subbing 4 slices American cheese for the Parmesan. It tasted like a cheeseburger/mac & cheese combo. YUM! Thanks for sharing Potatohead. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring '09.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni as per package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Brown together meat, onion, and seasoning.
- Stir in soup and heat for 15 minutes.
- In separate bowl combine pasta with milk and egg.
- Grease a jelly roll pan and pour pasta mixture in.
- Spread out to fill pan.
- Gently spread beef mixture on top to cover.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting into squares.