Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have tried it a cuple of times. It's mm-mm good. A simple and healthy dish for all.
Make and share this Macaroni Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 150 g elbow macaroni
- 1 liter water
- 180 g grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 well beaten eggs
- 150 g canned tuna fish (flaked)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 250 ml fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 dash paprika or 1 dash pepper
- 100 g sliced capsicums
- Boil water in saucepan. Add macaroni and cook until it is a little soft. Drain and rinse.
- Grease 20cm pie dish and spread a layer of macaroni on it. Sprinkle flaked tuna followed by cheese and capsicum.
- Repeat step 2 except for the greasing part.
- Beat eggs with the rest of the ingredients. Drizzle it over the macaroni.
- Bake in pre-heated oven of 180 C for 25 minutes.
This is a WONDWEFUL tuna casserole. I've never put the custard (wgg/nilk) in tuna casserole. This nade a very nice cheesy-tuna-macaroni dish. I'll do it this way from now on.