Recipe by Miss Annie
This recipe was given to me by a friend in living in Galveston. There is a big Greek community there, and this dish was featured at one of the church pot-luck dinners. It is tasty and quick to make.
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
Tonight I decided to try cooking something with Feta cheese (a new item for me). I ran across this recipe during my search of "Feta cheese" recipes. I served this with [recipe=21012]Greek Salad[/recipe] and [recipe=36736]Greek Meatballs[/recipe]. My husband and I both thoroughly enjoyed it. Initially my husband commented that it was rather bland, but apparently the flavor grew on him. He ended up going back for seconds. I reduced the recipe to 1/3 and ended up with left-overs, which my husband has declared will be great for supper tomorrow night. The mildness of this dish went really well with the strong flavors of the salad and meatballs. Thank you for sharing this recipe with me Miss Annie!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs macaroni
- 1 cup melted butter
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 lb feta cheese, cut into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the macaroni according to the package instructions.
- Drain and put in a large bowl.
- Mix with the melted butter.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, add the milk and cheese.
- Pour over the macaroni and mix well.
- Pour the macaroni mixture into a buttered casserole dish.
- Cook in a 350ºF oven for 30 minutes.