Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very cool, classic macaroni pasta salad. Perfect for picnics.
Make and share this Macaroni Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water until pasta is no longer warm.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, red peppers, onion, garlic, sweet pickles, cheese and celery.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, pepper, salt, milk and mayo, mix well.
- Pour dressing over pasta, toss well to coat.
- Add eggs and toss to combine.
- Chill 4 - 24 hours before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, covered.
Made this for a kid birthday party. Followed the recipe exactly and it was a hit with adults and kids. Will make again!
I don't ordinarily enjoy chunks of cheese in my salad, but in this one it really works. I mixed in some cooked chicken to make this a main dish. Delicious, particularly in hot weather. Thanks for posting!
I'm a big fan of salads like this even when the weather outside isn't all that warm! I particularly liked the inclusion of the chopped sweet pickle & was generous with the amount of that ingredient! Will be making this one again, for sure! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]