Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
More like scrambled eggs than an omelet, but good anyway. Really pretty served in scooped-out orange halves. For the health conscious: you can reduce the fat by using egg substitute instead of eggs. Use 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute for each large egg.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped (cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup cooked macaroni (1/4 cup uncooked makes 1/2 cup cooked)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces American cheese (optional) or 1 1⁄2 ounces cheddar cheese, cubed (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoned pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Mix eggs with parsley, broccoli and macaroni and the cubed cheese and pepper (if using).
- Scramble in a nonstick skillet until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Very good and very easy to make! I added garlic to the egg mixture and poured spaghetti sauce over the top before serving. I really enjoyed this. Thank you!
Nice, easy dish. I made it for our "farm breakfast" this weekend and it was enjoyed by all. I agree that it is slightly bland, however all family members cleaned their plates. Thanks!
Ok, it was just Ok. I resisted the urge to add various things as I knew it might be a bit bland so I could give it an impartial review. It was easy to make but was just very plain, next time I would include 2 more eggs and make a proper onlet with some chilli and maybe sesame.