Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
Comfort food for me. Yummy.
- 1 (14 ounce) packagedeluxe-style macaroni & cheese dinner mix (I use Kraft)
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- salt and pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Combine broccoli, onion, and water in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, cook 2 minutes; do not drain.
- Stir in cooked macaroni, packet of cheese sauce,, milk, cheese soup, ham, salt, and pepper.
- Return to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle soup into 6 bowls.
This recipe had my name written all over it. I am a fool for mac n' cheese. Your soup was so delicious, rich, and verrrry creamy. The ham and broccoli went perfectly with all that cheese and noodles. Thanks for a quick, easy and yummy soup recipe.
It is always a good thing to find a recipe that uses ingredients that are already in my pantry. I love Kraft's macaroni and cheese dinner so I was fairly certain that I would like this soup. I did and so did my whole family. Cheesy and creamy as expected. The ham and broccoli add extra goodness. Thanks Nurse Di. Going to be another favorite of ours.
I loved this soup. It had a moderately thick consistency that was very creamy. Cheese, broccoli and ham are some of my favorites and they all go well together in this recipe. My husband was in agreement and we both give this a well deserving 5-stars.